This agreement is for services rendered by Root Food LLC, 1392 McLendon Avenue NE #9, Atlanta, GA 30307 (referred to hereafter as ‘Root’). By agreeing to these terms you (hereafter referred to as ‘User’) are agreeing in full to the terms outlined below.
- Rights, Disclosures, Non-compete: Client holds no copyrights to materials created and shared by the service provider. All content shared by Root on its website, social media channels, via email, and elsewhere, is the property of Root Food, LLC and subject to copyright protections. Duplication of content in any form is not acceptable without written permission from Root. The client agrees to maintain recipes and other information for their personal use, and not to share that information publicly (either in formal publications or in informal settings), or to forward paid content to other potential subscribers.
- In exchange for subscription fees and/or other forms of compensation, Root agrees to provide access its valuable Intellectual Property (IP) with the User. The User is entitled to receive and maintain ONE copy or instance of the IP per applicable subscription fee(s). Once the corresponding subscription fee(s) have been paid for a particular instance of the IP, the User has the right to access that content without further compensation, fees or payments.
- Root’s IP (hereafter referred to as “the work”) belongs to Root, including but not limited to recipes, social media posts, all online and printed course material, website copy, video, audio, photographs, emails, commentaries, blogs, original research, etc. The User has the right to use this IP for their personal use and enjoyment but is prohibited from
- sharing it with anyone else (without Root’s express and written consent), and
- commercializing it (without Root’s express written consent). Reproduction of the IP in any form and by any means is prohibited without prior written consent.
- Using the work as part of their own work without attributing Root or the appropriate Root affiliates (e.g. employees, collaborators, freelance writers, etc.) This includes copying and sharing recipes or written material, audio, video, etc. in any format and in any public or private space (e.g. on a recipe blog without permission and attribution).
- Scope of and payment for work: This agreement covers User engagement with Root’s online presence and subscription service, including free emails and website and social media content, as well as Root’s paid subscription email. Any services rendered beyond these (including but not limited to events planning, recipe consulting, or guest writing) are subject to additional fees, which will be disclosed to the User and agreed upon by both parties in a separate document prior to any work being performed. For the online subscription service, automatic payments are collected via PayPal. You may cancel the subscription at any time.
- Privacy: Root respects the privacy of its Users. Root will not share or sell any of the User’s Personally Identifying Information (PII), including name, contact information and subscription details.
- Limitations to liability: Root strives to ensure the accuracy and completeness of each of its recipes as well as the other information it provides to the User. That said, User agrees that Root is not responsible for any errors or omissions in any of its publications or materials. User assumes complete responsibility for information, circumstances or conditions beyond Root’s control, including but not limited to User food allergies and User food preferences. User assumes complete responsibility for the execution, performance and results of any Root recipe or process, including but not limited to weights, measures, quality of ingredients, substitution of ingredients, and enjoyment of the results. By assuming complete responsibility, the User specifically agrees to indemnify Root and hold Root harmless.